*Note: This is not a class that teaches how to play instruments or how to sing. Your role will be to teach a music class through a variety of musical styles and singing of songs to compliment the lesson plan.
Are you a...
- Stay-at-home Mom (looking for something to do a few days a week between the hours of 9AM-2PM)
- Youthful Super Senior (with lots of energy and mobility)
- College Student
- Drama Major / Drama Club Members/ Theater Performer / Vocalist
...with an outgoing, enthusiastic, gregarious, creative personality? Then apply for this position RIGHT NOW!!!
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION
*Must have a pleasant singing voice (can carry a tune on pitch) and comfortable singing without music.
*Must be available to work weekends and some weekdays
Gymboree Play & Music is the world’s leading parent-child interactive play, music and arts program for children ages newborn to five years. In 2016, we celebrated 40 years of bringing play, music, arts and learning to families across the United States and around the world!
- Music classes involve instrument activities, singing, dancing and exploring a variety of music styles from around the world. Candidates must be comfortable singing music (have a pleasant sounding singing voice) without music on pitch to teach Gymboree Music classes.
- Teach a minimum of two birthday parties per month.
- Lesson plan according to Gymboree curriculum.
- Sales/Customer Service
- Be responsible for knowing and achieving sales goals.
- Use features and benefits of Gymboree to provide information and sell enrollments, merchandise, birthday parties and special events to new and existing customers.
- Answer incoming calls, make outbound calls, greet and service customers.
- Assist with off-site grassroots events (ex. Gymboree Retail Store, etc.)
- Work with PlayWeb, our online database management system.
- Attend designated staff meetings and trainings.
- Maintain site standards, including, but not limited to: cleaning, stocking and pricing of merchandise, and helping with equipment set changes.
- NOTE: Gymboree Play & Music provides all training necessary.
KEY SKILLS AND TRAITS
- Experience working with children newborn to 5 years preferred
- Solid group leadership skills
- Sales experience
- Beginning computer skills
- Phone skills
- Customer service oriented
- Team player
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs. and move play equipment
- Clean, physical appearance
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, gregarious, creative
Part-time. The ideal candidate will have availability 2-3 weekday morning and weekends. Flexible schedule required; classes held weekdays, evenings and weekends.
Starting pay is based on experience. Free Gymboree Play & Music classes and a discount at the Gymboree Retail Stores.
Gymboree Play & Music - Bethesda
Gymboree Play & Music has been fostering creativity and confidence in children ages 0-5 for over 40 years. Today there are over 700 locations in 40 countries, making us the global leader in early childhood development programs. Designed by experts, our age-appropriate activities help develop the cognitive, physical and social skills of children as they play. Our programs are also recognized for their unique approach to parent involvement—which encourages participation in and understanding of each child’s development.
Our class curriculum is developed by our experienced child development program directors and incorporate a balanced whole-child approach with activities to support what your child is mastering right now and what he or she will aspire to later. Classes are designed in 6-month increments to meet a child’s unique interests and abilities. From birth to age 5, there’s always something special awaiting you and your child at Gymboree Play & Music.
Company Website: www.gymboreeclasses.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)